Friday, August 30, 2013

A Project in Progress

Earlier in the year a member of Our Craft Forum managed to buy more medallions centres than she could use.  Her solution was simple ... offer them to members with the proviso that we follow the borders recommended. 
 
I put my hand up; made round after round until it became apparent that I would soon run out of fabric which wouldn't have been a problem if the shop I purchased it from hadn't decided to close down.  Some of what I needed was no longer available the round 8 had to undergo a change from my original conception.  I guess that was part of the challenge!
 
Not having enough fabric to do another round I have called it quits, which isn't as bad as it sounds as the quilt does cover the bed.  Backing fabric is in the post as I write; the batting is in the cupboard, quilting cotton purchased ... this project should be completed by the end of 2014!  [Setting myself a goal here!]
 
I am rather pleased with the outcome of this project. 

4 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

It looks very nice, Shirley. I continue to be amazed at the beautiful patchwork you and your friends do.

Anonymous said...

wow Shirley ,so you should be proud this is awesome well done on a beautiful flimsy.xx

Liz said...

Well done. it looks great. love each of your rows.

Ondrea said...

Woohooo! Clever gal! Looks great.