Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cotton Pod

Recently a mystery challenge was offered. I, like most, are intrigued by the word mystery, and combined with challenge, it was a challenge not to be missed.
I posted my self-addressed envelope, and after it was misdirected by the Post Office, the instructions, along with a pretty piece of fabric and matching buttons arrived. I read the instructions; they seemed simple enough to follow. Rather than risk messing up the pretty blue and green fabric I decided to make a trial mystery item. It turned out OK.
Next I worked on the blue and green fabric, which cried out to me for a little embellishment of lace.
The mystery item turned out to be a cotton pod, a simple enough structure that evolved from the designer having difficulty in keeping cotton tidy in her sewing basket. The cotton pod is an ingenious way of storing cotton; the pod can be made using a small piece of fabric and could be made to 'match' your sewing implements.
You are interested in making one? It is not difficult. The pattern, which is free, is available HERE.
Make one or two, or more!

No comments: